Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time20 minutes
Total Time35 minutes
Yield: 8 large patties
- 2 cups chopped, cooked beets (from 1 lb beets ~ see notes)
- 1 can drained garbanzo beans
- 1 cup chickpea flour (A.P. or almond flour is ok too)
- 1 T cumin
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 teaspoons chopped garlic (2 large cloves)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 4 scallions, white part only
Place pizza stone in oven and preheat together to 425 degrees F.
Combine all ingredients in food processor until completely combined.
Form batter into large, burger-sized, patties onto a piece of parchment paper. Spray the top of each patty.
Using a pizza peel, slip parchment paper with patties onto pizza stone.
Bake 10 minutes, flip each patty and lightly spray with olive oil. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
Enjoy with Vegan Green Goddess dressing using cilantro in leiu of dill.
Remove leaves and stems, place beets on parchment paper, add 1/4 cup water, and fold into a packet. Wrap packet again with foil. Cook on grill over high heat, so that beets steam inside packets, for 90 minutes. Remove from heat, let cool, peel and cut into small pieces.