Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time15 minutes
Total Time30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 zucchini, spiralized like pasta
- 2 japanese eggplant, grilled and chopped
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/2 can garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups marinara sauce (if you don't have homemade, then my favorite brand in a jar is Rao's)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella pearls or small chop buffalo mozzarella
- 2 handfuls Arugula
- basil, chiffonnade for garnish
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
Fill baking dish with zucchini, and cover with tomato sauce, artichoke hearts, eggplant and garbanzo beans. Cover with lid or foil and bake at 350 for 15 - 20 minutes (until dish is completely heated through).
Top with arugula, mozzarella, parmesan and basil. Serve.
Short Cut: Make this ahead of time (leaving the mozzarella, parmesan, arugula and basil to be added after heating). Reheat and then add the mozzarella, arugula and basil prior to serving.
Think Out of the Ice Box: Add meatballs or shrimp to bump up the protein in this dish.