Cucumber soup is a refreshing starter to a summer meal. It’s quick, healthy and delicious all in one cup.
Yield: 2 quarts
- 4 large cucumbers, seeded and chopped
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 C packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 C plain greek yogurt
- 1 C buttermilk
- 2 T white champagne vinegar
- 2 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp white ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- sliced almonds for garnish
- 1 - 2 C watermelon or strawberries chopped into tiny pieces for garnish
- extra fresh mint leaves for garnish
- good olive oil to drizzle for garnish
Combine all ingredients (except almonds, watermelon and extra mint) in Vitamix and puree until smooth.
Pour into a bowl or cup, drizzle with olive oil and garnish with sliced almonds, 1 tsp watermelon bits or strawberries, and mint.
Serve cold or room temperature. Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Short Cut: Make a day ahead of time and store in refrigerator. Add a handful of ice cubes and blend until smooth just before serving.
Think Out of the Ice Box: Throw in some shrimp and make it a meal.