Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time30 minutes
Total Time35 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- olive oil
- Second City Prime's The Rub seasoning
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, pounded thinly
- 4 scallions, white part only, sliced
- 1" piece of ginger, peeled
- 1" piece of tumeric, peeled
- 1/2 tsp sea salt + 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Watcharee's Thai Peanut Sauce (link below)
- 1 potato, peeled and thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 medium zucchini, peeld and sliced into round
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat cast iron skillet and add a few tablespoons olive oil to cover bottom of pan. While oil is heating, generously season pounded chicken thighs with The Rub.
Brown chicken thighs in hot oil for about 4 minutes per side. When chicken no longer sticks to pan, gently flip and brown other side. Be sure the sides are browned as well by pushing against side of pan. Remove chicken from pan and place in an oven proof dish.
Add scallions to pan and zest about 1 teaspoon each of fresh ginger and tumeric into pan and cook over medium heat for a minute. Deglaze pan with 1/2 cup white wine and add 1/4 cup of peanut sauce. Stir to combine thoroughly and pour over chicken.
Put chicken in oven and rinse out pan before returning to medium heat. Add a few tablespoons oil to pan again. Season vegetables with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Saute vegetables in batches and zest additional ginger + tumeric into skillet. After all the vegetables have been sautéed, deglaze pan again with 1/2 cup white wine and add 1/4 cup peanut sauce.
Return all vegetables to skillet and put chicken and sauce on top. Place cast iron skillet in oven and cook for about 15-20 minutes until internal temperature of chicken reads 175 degrees.