Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time30 minutes
Additional Time1 hour
Total Time1 hour 35 minutes
Yield: 1 pie
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers (about 1 package)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 package gelatin
- ¼ C cold water
- 3 eggs
- 1 can pumpkin (1.25 cups)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ C almond milk
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- whipped cream for topping
- Mix crushed graham crackers, coconut sugar + coconut oil together.
- Spray a pie dish with canola oil and spread crumb mixture evenly throughout dish.
- Bake in oven 375 degree oven for 7 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Dissolve gelatin + water in small bowl, set aside
- Separate egg whites and yolks.
- Mix egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, almond milk, pumpkin, spices + salt together.
- In a double boiler, cook mixture over boiling water, stirring constantly until thick. Mix in gelatin and stir to dissolve. Remove from heat.
- In a clean, dry bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually mix in the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and continue beating until firm.
- Fold in pumpkin mixture and pour into pie crust.
- Chill in refrigerator, for at least one hour, until firm. Serve with whipped cream on top.