Warm Garlicky White Bean Salad
Beans are so versatile. They can be a subtle side dish, added as a garnish and are hearty enough to be the center of attention at the dinner table. This warm garlicky white bean salad fits perfectly into the healthy, comfort food box.
Be sure to make extra so that you can have the leftovers for lunch!
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time10 minutes
Total Time15 minutes
- olive oil for cooking
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1 rosemary sprig, finely chopped (about 2 T)
- sea salt + freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bag arugula
- red wine vinaigrette
- parmesan cheese for garnish
- *optional: rosemary or tuscan olive oil (I prefer the Old Town Oil brand)
Heat olive oil in warm saute pan and add garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Saute for a minute or two.
Add tomatoes and saute additional few minutes until tomatoes are soft.
Mix in beans and cook until warmed through - a few minutes.
Add breadcrumbs and toast in pan for a minute or so with other ingredients.
Toss arugula with red wine vinaigrette. Top with warm bean mixture.
Garnish with parmesan cheese and fresh rosemary and drizzle olive oil if using.