Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time14 minutes
Total Time29 minutes
Yield: 4 - 6 servings
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced thinly on mandoline
- 1 beet, greens removed and set aside
- 2 oranges
- candied or plain pecans
- olive oil for drizzling
- 1 T za'atar seasoning
- lime olive oil (or any citrus infused flavor)
- strawberry balsamic vinegar (or any sweet, fruity flavor)
- sea salt + freshly ground black pepper to taste
Peel beet and slice thinly on mandoline. Place on a parchment line piece of foil, spray with olive oil and season with za'atar. Roast on hot grill for about 7 minutes and turn to roast an additional 7 minutes.
Immediately set sliced fennel in a bowl of water with juice of one orange.
Cut skin off orange keeping the fruit intact. Slice the orange into rounds.
Layer beet greens on bottom of salad bowl.
Remove fennel from water and toss with orange slices and beets. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar and season with sea salt + black pepper. Top with pecans.