Fennel Beet Salad
Fennel and beets compliment each other with their contrasting colors, textures and the sweet flavor undertone. Brighten this up with any summer fruit and add a beet falafel instead of a slice of bread.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time10 minutes
Total Time20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 fennel bulb, shaved on mandoline or thinly sliced
- 1 yellow beet, thinly sliced (save beet greens)
- 1 red beet, thinly sliced (save beet greens)
- *1 peach, thinly sliced
- handful of mint leaves, torn
- 1/2 teaspoon of chopped fresh lavender
- 1/2 teaspoon of chopped fresh rosemary
- sea salt + freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- a few drizzles of balsamic vinegar
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and layer beets on top. Lightly spray with olive oil and season with S + P and chopped lavender and rosemary. Roast for 10 - 20 minutes (until it is easily pierced with a fork).
- Layer fennel, roasted beets, peaches and mint on a plate.
- Cut beet greens into chiffonade and garnish salad with the ribbons.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar
*use any seasonal fruit such as berries, melon, stone fruit that you have available