Grilled Lemon Herb Swordfish and Shrimp
Fresh herbs make any dish brighter and give a more complex flavor. This lemon herb sauce can be used as a marinade or dressing and it literally is whatever fresh herbs are available in the garden or market.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time8 minutes
Additional Time5 minutes
Total Time23 minutes
- 1/2-3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh herbs (I used a combination of basil, lemon balm, lemon basil, lemon verbena, parsley)
- 4 swordfish steaks
- 12 large (peeled & deveined) raw shrimp, defrosted
- Blend lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and herbs together in blender until smooth.
- Marinade swordfish slathered in marinade in a covered, non-reactive dish in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Marinade shrimp slathered in marinade in a covered, non-reactive dish in refrigerator or 15-30 minutes.
- Pre-heat grill to high heat. Grill shrimp 2 minutes per side. Grill swordfish 4 minutes per side.
- Serve with extra sauce on side.