Roasted Asparagus with Lemon + Dill
With the late arrival of summer, we are still devouring asparagus in the Midwest. This recipe dresses up the simply roasted veggies to make it a side dish or add some protein to it and make it a meal. It’s delicious hot or cold too.
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time10 minutes
Total Time15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 bunch traditional asparagus, ends snapped off
- 1 bunch purple asparagus, ends snapped off
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- olive oil for drizzling
- a few pinches of sea salt
- a few grinds of freshly ground black pepper
- juice + zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Lay asparagus on baking sheet. Toss with shallots, a few drizzles of olive oil, sea salt and black pepper.
Roast in oven for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven. Top with lemon juice, zest and dill.