Grilled Asparagus with Lemon, Dill + Shallots
With the late arrival of summer, we are still devouring asparagus in the Midwest. This recipe dresses up the simply roasted veggies to make it a side dish or add some protein to it and make it a meal. It’s delicious hot or cold too.
Prep Time5 minutes
Cook Time10 minutes
Total Time15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 bunch traditional asparagus, ends snapped off
- 1 bunch purple asparagus, ends snapped off
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- olive oil for drizzling
- a few pinches of sea salt
- a few grinds of freshly ground black pepper
- juice + zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
Preheat grill to 400 degrees F.
Cover grill grates with foil or vegetable roasting rack
Lay asparagus on foil/roasting rack and cover with shallots, a few drizzles of olive oil, sea salt and black pepper.
Grill for 10 minutes. Top with lemon juice, zest and dill.