Corn Fritter Salad
This is a delicious fall salad when the corn and tomatoes are at their peak. Elote Corn Fritter recipe can be found on @feedtheswimmers Instagram feed.
Prep Time15 minutes
Total Time15 minutes
- 2 large heads romaine lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 3 persian cucumbers, chopped
- 1 cup garden cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- @thecheesepeople's Chipotle Espresso Cheddar
- 1/2 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 limes
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Elote Corn Fritters (see @feedtheswimmers)
Fill salad bowl with greens and top with cilantro, cucumbers, mango, tomatoes & scallions.
Mix black beans with 1/2 teaspoon each sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, cumin and juice of 1 lime. Sprinkle on top of salad.
Crumble Chipotle Espresso Cheddar on top.
In a glass jar with tight fitting lid, combine champagne vinegar, olive oil, honey and cayenne. Juice and zest remaining lime into dressing and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Lightly dress and toss salad until glistening.
Top with @feedtheswimmers elite corn fritters.