Rainbow Salad with Red Wine Shallot Vinaigrette
I love a colorful salad with crunchy vegetables. This is basically everything in the icebox with a light, flavorful dressing (and that can be used as a marinade or sauce on protein as well).
Prep Time15 minutes
Total Time15 minutes
- 8 cups lettuce (my go to is Romaine, but any will work)
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 persian cucumbers, chopped
- 1/2 cup gooseberries
- 1 watermelon radish, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- fresh dill fronds for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp honey
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste (approximately 1/2 - 1 tsp each)
- Layer all salad ingredients in a bowl. Lightly season with sea salt.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid and shake until emulsified.
- Lightly dress salad and toss until it is glistening.
- Add more dressing 1-2 teaspoons at a time to avoid drowning lettuce.