Spaghetti Squash with Cilantro Pesto
1 spaghetti squash
2 bunches of cilantro
1 cup parmesan cheese + more for serving
dash of red pepper flakes
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 - 1 cup olive oil
sea salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 lime zested
- Preheat oven to 400
- Poke squash with fork several times and place in microwave for 3-5 minutes to soften.
- Cut squash in half and remove seeds, spray with a small spritz of olive oil and season lightly with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place squash sliced side down in a baking dish and add enough water to cover bottom of squash. Roast in oven for 40 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Combine cilantro, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and 1/2 cup olive oil in blender. Add more oil if a thinner consistency is desired.
- Once squash is cooked, take a fork and remove from shell. Add 2 tablespoons of cilantro pesto and combine (add more for a stronger pesto flavor) and garnish with parmesan cheese and lime zest.