Strawberry Rhubarb Salsa
The tart rhubarb and sweet strawberries combined make a savory salsa that is perfect on top of a simple grilled protein.
Prep Time10 minutes
Total Time10 minutes
Yield: 2 cups
- 2 rhubarb stalks, finely chopped
- zest + juice of 1 lime
- 1 T honey
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 scallions or ramps finely sliced
- 1/2 pint strawberries, hulled and finely chopped
- 2 T mint chiffonade
- a pinch of sea salt
- a few grinds of fresh black pepper
- balsamic vinegar
Whisk together lime zest, juice and honey. Marinate chopped rhubarb in mixture.
Combine jalapeño, scallions, strawberries and mint in a bowl. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
Mix in rhubarb and marinade. Add a splash of balsamic vinegar.